I had some Hershey’s Chocolate Bars leftover from making S’mores and I thought I better make them into gifts before I ate them all. I’ve never made slider covers in this size before, so I had to figure out all the measurements. Since I had to figure everything out anyway, I thought I would write a tutorial to show you how to make your own. If you have any questions please write me a comment and I will update my blog entry with your answers. All supplies are listed at the end of the tutorial.
1. Start with a 6″ x 6″ piece of card stock. Score at: 2-1/2″, 2-3/4″, 5-1/4″ & 5-1/2″
2. Place the scored piece in front of you with the score marks running vertically. Punch the end that is furthest away from you with the oval punch 1/4″ from the end and centered on one of the 2-1/2″ scored segments. Repeat for the other 2-1/2″ segment.
3. Place a line of sticky strip on the outside 1/2″ segment.
4. Fold card stock along all score lines. Remove sticky strip liner and bring together to make cover.
5. Feed a 20″ length of 1-1/4″ Grosgrain Ribbon through the two oval holes.
6. Place the Hershey’s Chocolate Bar between the ribbon and start pushing it into the cover.
7. Slide Hershey’s Bar in all the way and tie a knot at the top. When you pull on the knot the Hershey’s bar will slide out.
8. Decorate cover as desired.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies: Got Treats Stamp Set; Kindness Jumbo Wheel; Card Stock: Rose Red, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla; Markers: Early Espresso, Rose Red; Punches: Scallop Edge, 1-3/8″ x 5/8″ Oval; 1-1/4″ Early Espresso Grosgrain; Early Espresso Flower Brad; Pearl Jewel
Other Supplies: Hershey’s 43g Chocolate Bar