I entered these Boo Boxes in the September Stampin’ Success Contest: Halloween Haunting. I was so excited and honored to find out that I had won. These bitty Halloween boxes are made using the new Spooky Bingo Bits Stamp Set, the Simply Scored tool and the Petal Card Punch. When you open the box, the “BOO” message pop-ups suspended on a small strip of window sheet and anchored by a Starburst Candy. If you would like to make your own Boo Boxes, just follow my step-by-step photo tutorial.
1. Start with a strip of Basic Black card stock 4-¾” x 1-1/8”. On the long side, score at 1-1/8”, 2-¼”, 3-3/8” and 4-½” with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
2. Fold the strip along the score lines. Place a piece of sticky strip on the small end tab.
3. Punch out one Petal Card piece in Basic Black and one in a coordinating color. Note: This punch can be a little tricky to use until you get the hang of it. When punching with the Petal Card Punch make sure that you push down with the punch on a sturdy table. Make sure you put pressure on the bottom and then top of the punch to get a perfectly punched and scored piece.
4. Put sticky strip on all of the semi circular flaps of the Basic Black Petal Card piece.
5. Remove sticky strip liner and adhere the flaps to the scored strip to form open-ended box.
6. Punch a Postage Stamp out of a piece of Basic Black card stock. Adhere this piece to the top square of the remaining Petal Card punched piece.
7. Place a 3” piece of doubled over grosgrain down the middle of the postage stamp. Make sure the loop hangs half an inch off of the edge of the postage stamp and the ends are on top of the postage stamp. On the reverse side of the Petal Card piece, align a ¼” x 2-¼” strip of window sheet along the length of square and sticking out on the same side as the grosgrain. Make sure that the grosgrain and the window sheet piece are aligned. Pierce through the window sheet all the way through to the grosgrain. The pierce point should be close to the center of the Petal Card piece square. Add a brad to the window sheet side going all the way through the grosgrain.
8. Place a piece of sticky strip on the semi-circular flap opposite the grosgrain loop on the Petal Card punched piece. Adhere this flap to the inside of the box to form the lid.
9. Choose one of the images from Spooky Bingo Bits and heat emboss it with Versamark and Black Embossing Powder on Basic Gray Card Stock. Choose one of the sentiments from Spooky Bingo Bits and heat emboss it with Versamark and White Embossing Powder on Black Card Stock. Punch both of these pieces with the 1” circle punch.
10. Bend over the window sheet piece so that it arcs towards the opening of the box. The Candy should be adhered to the back of the window sheet strip and the circular sentiment should be adhered to the front of the window sheet strip (use sticky strip). To get the candy into the box, arc the window sheet strip forward (the sentiment will be aimed towards the bottom of the box) while tucking in the front and side flaps. Sometimes it helps to do this while giving the box a little shake or putting the candy in while the box is upside down. I have found that each box has its own personality for how it wants the candy to go inside.
When the box is opened, the “boo candy” should spring out and surprise the recipient.
Tip: You can make a simpler version of this box by eliminating the pop-up element. Just adhere the message to the inside of the lid and place the candy loose in the box.
11. Adhere the circular image piece to the lid of the box with Dimensionals. Decorate the rest of the box with 1” squares of Frightful Sight Designer Series Paper. Edge the squares with a Basic Black marker (to remove the white edge) before adhering to the box.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies: Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits (W 123944, C 123946); Ink: Versamark (102283); Card Stock: Cajun Craze (119684), Old Olive (100702), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Basic Black (121045), Basic Gray (121044); Designer Series Paper: Frightful Sight; Petal Card Double Punch (119273), 1” Circle Punch (119868), Postage Stamp Punch (122344); Black Embossing Powder (109133), White Embossing Powder (109132); Basic Black Marker (100082); Window Sheets (114323) ; Silver Brads; Basic Black ¼” Grosgrain; Heat Tool (129053); Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334); Paper-Piercing Tool (126189); Sticky Strip (104294); Dimensionals (104430).
Other Supplies: Starburst Candy or other small wrapped candy
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments!