A few weeks ago, a friend wanted to know the cut and score measurements for post-it note purses. As I had not made these particular ones before, I got out my ruler and came up with the dimensions. Although these are not difficult to make, I decided to write a tutorial in case someone else wanted to make them too. Post-it note purses make great little gifts and if you personalize them with a monogram, they can be even more special. The Well Worn Designer Series Paper, with its many great patterns, makes a wonderful display if you are handing these out as favors.
Post-it Note Purse Tutorial
1. Start with a 3-¼” x 8-½” piece of Textured Chocolate Chip Card Stock. On the 8-½” side, score at 2”, 2-½”, 5-¾” and 6-¼”.
2. Cut a 2-½” x 3-¼” piece of Well Worn Designer Series Paper. On the 2-½” side, score at the ½” mark.
3. Fold the Chocolate Chip piece and the Well Worn piece along all score lines. Adhere the Well Worn piece to the Chocolate piece making sure to choose the end that has the score mark 2” from the end, so that the paper covers that end perfectly.
4. Punch 2 holes with the smaller circle of the crop-a-dile 3/8” in from the edge of the purse.
5. Cut a 9” length of the blue denim jean ribbon. Tie a knot in one of end of the ribbon and feed it through what will become the inside of the purse.
6. Feed the other end of the ribbon through the remaining hole and tie this end with a knot as well. Trim the ends of the ribbon.
7. Place two lines of sticky strip along the top back of a 3” x 3” post-it note pad. Remove the liner and adhere the pad to the inside of the purse.
8. Use self-adhesive Velcro to keep the purse closed. I cut a 1” square of Velcro in four pieces for my purses.
9. To create the embellishment, stamp the letter of your choice in Night of Navy ink on Very Vanilla Card Stock. Cut out the letter leaving one edge uncut as a finger hold strip. Tap the letter on your versamark pad, cover with clear embossing powder and melt with your heat tool. Repeat the Versamark, embossing powder and melting at least two more times to give a nice glazed effect to your letter. Finish cutting out the letter.
10. Adhere your letter on a modern label punched Cajun Craze piece. Add two silver brads on either side of the letter. Adhere the embellishment to the front of the purse with dimensionals.
Stampin’ Up Supplies: Letter It Stamp Set; Card Stock: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip Textured; Well Worn Designer Series Paper, Ink: Night of Navy, Chocolate Chip, Versamark; Clear Embossing Powder; 3/8” Denim Jean Ribbon Silver Brads; Simply Scored, Modern Label Punch, Crop-a-dile; Heat Tool, Sponge Daubers.
Other Supplies: 3” x 3” Post-it note pads, 1” self-adhesive black Velcro squares
Thanks for visiting!!