Every year I try to come up with a new Easter basket for my stamp clubs. This year my basket was inspired by the Floral Frames die. I just love how the basket looks like a flower. I think it has potential to be used for other occasions too, like bridal showers and birthday parties. If you would like to make your own Floral Frames Easter Basket, just follow my step-by-step tutorial below…
Floral Frames Easter Basket Tutorial
1. Stamp the largest Daydream Medallion in Tempting Turquoise in the CENTER of a 5-½” square piece of Pool Party Card Stock.
2. Cut the medallion out with the largest floral Frames Framelit.
3. With the inked side up, score the Floral Frame piece from the indent on one side to the indent on the other. You will do this FOUR times so that all the indents are scored. Hint: darken the 6” score groove with a Sharpie to make lining up easier.
4. With the inked side down, score the Floral Frame piece from flower tip on one side to the tip on the other side. You will do this FOUR times so that all the tips are scored.
5. Cut the smallest Floral Frames Framelit out of So Saffron Card Stock. Adhere the this piece to the center of the inked side of the large Floral Frame with Multipurpose Glue.
6. Fold the large Floral Frame in accordion fashion. Don’t fold the So Saffron piece as it will become the bottom and will remain flat.
7. Here is what it should look like when it’s folded. It should resemble a cupcake paper.
8. Cut the second smallest Floral Frames Framelit out of So Saffron Card Stock. Adhere it to the bottom of the basket with Multipurpose Glue.
9. Cut two strips of 1” x 11” Lucky Limeade card stock with the Tasteful Trims die. Put a piece of sticky strip on each of the ends of the handle pieces
10. Remove the sticky strip liner and attach the handle to the basket making sure to cross over the handles.
11. Here is what the handles will look like once they are both attached.
12. Decorate the rest of the basket as desired. I embossed and watercolored an image from the Everybunny Stamp Set and tied it to the basket with a 6” length of Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon.
Stampin’ Up Supplies:
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!