A few weeks ago, I posted a Hershey’s five-point star tutorial and now I have a Hershey’s six-point star tutorial ready to share with you. This six-point star was actually far easier to design than the five-point star and it comes with a bonus: 12 kisses. This star would make a perfect Hanukkah star or star for other occasions.
This project does not have time saver steps, but if you make the template, you will save yourself time. I recommend Stampin’ Up! Card Stock for the construction of this project. A complete supply list with item numbers and a link to my store can be found at the end of this tutorial.
Hershey’s Star Tutorial (6-point)
1. To make this star easier to make, we will be making a template in steps 1-5. To make the template, start with a 9- ¾” x 1” strip of card stock. On the long side, make HALF INCH SCORE MARKS at the 1-3/8”, 2- ½”, 4- ½”, 5-5/8”, 7-5/8” and 8-¾” marks.
2. LEAVE YOUR STRIP ON THE SCORING TOOL and make full length score marks at the 3/8”, 3-½” and 6-5/8” marks.
3. Cut along both sides of ONLY THE HALF INCH score marks to create tiny slots 1/16” wide. Do nothing with the full length score marks.
4. Then take your paper snips and cut away the tiny strips that remain.
5. This is what your template should look like when it’s done. Note: you will have 6 half-inch slots and 3 full score marks on your template.
6. To make the star, start with TWO 9-¾” x 1” strips of Pacific Point card stock. On the long side, score at the 3/8”, 3-½” and 6-5/8” marks.
7. Line up the score lines from the template with your star strip, then trace the slot marks on the strip with a pencil. NOTE: please pay special attention to this step. There is a right way and a wrong way to match up the template.
8. Cut the slots and your strips should look like this when they’re done.
9. Place a piece of sticky strip on the 3/8” tabs.
10. Fold both strips along the score lines. Remove the sticky strip liners and bring the ends together to form triangles.
11. Interlock both triangles to create a six-point star.
12. For the hexagon filler strips, cut a 2” x 7” piece of Pacific Point card stock. On the 7” side, score at the 1”, 2”, 3”, 4”, 5” and 6” marks.
13. On the 2” side, cut the strip in half at the 1” mark.
14. Fold both strips into triangular strips as shown.
15. Fit the triangle strips into the center of the hexagon.
16. Carefully insert 12 Hershey’s kisses into all the triangular spaces.
17. Decorate the star as desired. I stamped “celebrate” on whisper white and punched it out with the word window punch and layered it on a piece of silver glimmer paper punched with the modern label punch. I then tied on the tag with Pacific Point Grosgrain.
Stampin’ Up Supplies
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!