Nugget purses are back AND they’re better than ever!!!!! WHY??? Because they now have TWO nuggets. The FABulous Scalloped Tag Topper Punch is what makes it all possible. It creates the perfect purse flap and closure all in one punch. If you want make your own, just follow my step-by-step tutorial. Want to make lots? I’ve included time saver steps too. Make these for your friends and they’ll be wowed by how crafty you are. Find out the supplies you’ll need and where to get them below!
Scalloped Tag Topper Punch Purse Tutorial
1. Start with a 6” x 2” piece of card stock. On the 6” side, score at the 1-½”, 2-7/8”, 4-½” and 4-¾” marks.
2. Cut a piece of 1-¼” x 2” piece of designer series paper. Adhere this piece to the last segment of your scored strip. Note: Look closely… my piece of designer series paper is yellow with white polka dots.
3. Punch the end that has the designer series paper on it with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.
4. Flip your card stock over to the back side. Place a piece of Sticky Strip on the narrow segment, next to the scalloped segment.
5. Remove the Sticky Strip liner and adhere a 6” length of Grosgrain Ribbon to the sticky strip starting and stopping in the center.
6. Fold the strip along all the score lines.
7. Hold the purse with the flap overlapping the front as it should appear when it’s finished. Pierce the hole in the Scalloped Tag Topper Punched segment where it dips down in the center.
8. Place a Candy Dot Brad Base through the hole and open the legs of the brad on the back side.
9. Add a matching Candy Dot to the Candy Dot Brad Base.
10. Wrap TWO nuggets with 1” x 3” strips of Designer Series Paper. I used just a bit of adhesive on one end of the paper strip to hold the wrapper in place.
11. Slide the nuggets into the purse. I advise securing the nuggets with a mini glue dot or small piece of sticky strip so they don’t slide out if you swing the purse (ask me how I know).
Adding a Monogram
I thought it might be neat to personalize the purses with a monogram. I used the Alphabet from my unmounted Alpha wheel (see my tutorial HERE) and stamped it in the same color as the purse on Whisper White. Punch the monogram out with the small oval punch. Punch a hole near the top of the oval (I used a 1/8″ hole punch). Cut a slit in the oval and feed it through the ribbon.
Time Saver Step One
Start with a 6” x 10” piece of card stock. On the 6” side, score at the 1-½”, 2-7/8”, 4-½” and 4-¾” marks.
Time Saver Step Two
Cut a piece of 1-¼” x 10” piece of designer series paper. Adhere this piece to the last segment of your scored strip. Note: Look closely… my piece of designer series paper is yellow with white polka dots (click on the photo for a closer look). Next, on the 10″ side, cut your card stock into 2″ strips. You should now have enough pieces to make FIVE purses.
- Card Stock/Paper: Brights Designer Series Paper Stack, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry
- Tools: Simply Scored, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Paper-Piercing Tool, Small Oval Punch
- Embellishments: Daffodil Delight Grosgrain Ribbon, Pacific Point Grosgrain Ribbon, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Candy Dots Brad Bases, Brights Candy Dots
- Wheel: Alpha Stampin’ Around Builder Wheel
- Adhesive: Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!