After I made those cute little purses with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, I felt I needed to contrast them with something decidedly handsome using the Angled Tag Topper Punch. Instead of a purse, I thought, how about a briefcase? This briefcase holds TWO Hershey’s nuggets tipped on their ends and wrapped in neutral Modern Medley Designer Series Paper. I maintained the neutral look by embossing the flap to add just a little texture. If you would like to make your own dapper briefcases, just check out my tutorial below. Find out the supplies you’ll need and where to get them HERE!
Angled Tag Topper Punch Briefcase Tutorial
1. Start with a 5-1/4″ x 2″ piece of Soft Suede Card Stock. On the 5-1/4″ side, score at the 1-1/2″, 2″, 3-1/2″ and 4″ marks.
2. Punch the end (with the shorter end segment, 1-1/4″ long) with the Angled Tag Topper Punch.
3. Place the briefcase flap into an embossing folder lining up the edge of the embossing pattern with the score line. Run through the Big Shot.
4. Punch two holes on the narrow segment (next to the briefcase flap) 5/8″ in from each side.
5. Feed a short length of 1/8″ taffeta through the holes and knot the ends so the briefcase handle stays in place.
6. Fold the briefcase along all the score lines. Use your paper-piercing tool to make a hole through the second layer of card stock.
7. Add a Candy Dot Brad Base through the hole.
8. Cut TWO pieces of 1″ x 3″ Modern Medley Designer Series Paper.
9. Wrap the paper around the nuggets and secure with some adhesive.
10. Slide the nuggets into the briefcase and finish it off with a neutral candy dot. Note: You might want to secure the nuggets with a little adhesive, so they won’t slide out of the briefcase accidentally.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
click on the product for price and details