Today I’m starting a three part series which will culminate in a Christmas Note Card Gift Set complete with its own special holder. In part one, I’m revealing my latest one sheet wonder that will give you all the designer series paper pieces and all other additional layers and pieces to make the 20 note cards. Tomorrow I will show you how I put them all together and then on the following day, I will reveal my special note card holder. Each part will have its own video tutorial. I will also include measurements and basic written instructions in my blog posts. I hope you enjoy this three part series!
(see video for more details)
- Start with a 12” x 12” piece of Designer Series Paper. If the paper has a definite up and down pattern, make sure the pattern faces up. Cut at the 2” mark. You will now have a 2” x 12” piece. Cut this piece into four 3″ segments. These pieces will make up card one (1a, 1b, 1c, 1d)
- Turn the 10” x 12” piece so that the 12” side is at the top of cutter. Cut at the 3-1/2” mark. Then slide the piece over and cut at the 3-1/2” mark again. You will now have TWO 3-1/2” x 10” pieces and ONE 5” x 10” piece (set aside).
- Take one of the 3-1/2” x 10 pieces and place the 10” side at the top of the cutter. Cut at the 5” mark. Do the same for the second 3-1/2” x 10 piece. You will now have FOUR 5” x 3-1/2” pieces. These pieces will make up cards two and three.
- Take the 5” x 10 piece and place the 10” side at the top of the cutter. Cut at the 5″ mark. You will have TWO 5″ squares.
- Take one of the 5″ squares and cut it in half at the 2-1/2″ mark. Then cut both the resulting pieces at the 2-1/2″ mark again. You will now have FOUR 2-1/2″ squares. These pieces will make up card FOUR (4a, 4b, 4c, 4d).
- Take the other 5″ square and if there is an up/down pattern place it sideways in the cutter. Cut this piece into 1-1/4″ strips. You will now have FOUR 5″ x 1-1/4″ pieces. These pieces will make up card FIVE (5a, 5b, 5c, 5d).
- Take the pieces for cards two and three and use the Big Shot and the 2nd largest Lots of Labels Framelits to cut a label out of the center. The resulting frames will make up card two (2a, 2b, 2c, 2d). The resulting labels will make up card three (3a, 3b, 3c, 3d).
(you will need 4 of each of the following pieces)
- Card ONE: 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ in Cherry Cobbler
- Card TWO: None
- Card THREE: Largest Lots of Labels Framelits in Mossy Meadow
- Card FOUR: 3″ x 3″ in Mossy Meadow
- Card FIVE: 5″ x 1-1/2″ in Cherry Cobbler
(needed to complete the note cards)
- 20 Mossy Meadow Trees using the smallest Perfect Pines Framelits tree
- 20 Hello Honey Stars using the star from the Perfect Pines Framelits
- Christmas Greeting Thinlits: 4 “merry” in Cherry Cobbler, 4 “merry” in Mossy Meadow, 4 “peace” in Cherry Cobbler, 8 “jolly” in Cherry Cobbler
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
click on the product for price and details