Earlier in the week I talked about creating a mini puzzle out of a photo. I tried several way to do this and I have finally found the best way that worked for me. I also created a little gift box to give the mini puzzle in. I just love that the photo is on the outside of the box and it’s also the puzzle that’s on the inside. A great way to use those school photos. If you want to learn how to make the Mini Puzzle and the matching Gift Box, just watch my video above. I also included Mini Puzzle tips and the measurements below. Here is the full SUPPLY LIST!
Tips for making Mini Puzzles
- Photocopy your photos on to Whisper White Card Stock. That way you can print off as many as you need and if you make a mistake, you still have the original.
- Use a 4″ x 4″ square of vellum as a template to mark your photo. The size of the finished puzzle is 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″, so you will have a little room to position the puzzle die before running it through the Big Shot.
- Use a second square of 4″ x 4″ Whisper White Card Stock to back your photo. You can also stamp a message on the back of the Whisper White piece, have your child draw a picture, or have them sign their name.
- Adhere the photo and the backing piece together with a piece of 3-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet.
- Box Bottom: Start with a 4″ x 4″ piece of card stock. Score at the 1″ mark on all four sides.
- Box Lid: Start with a 4-1/16″ x 4-1/16″ piece of card stock. Score at the 1″ mark on all four sides. Decorate the sides with four 2″ x 1″ strips of designer series paper. Punch thumb grips into the side of the lid with the 1/2″ circle punch.
Need some supplies? I would appreciate your business! I am so happy to share my projects with you and when you support my online store it allows me to bring more creative ideas to you! Plus I love to reward my customers– I have a fantastic Rewards Program, a Monthly Bonus Gift and Exclusive Special Tutorials for ordering with me. Use the Monthly Host Code, unless your order is over $150. If you order is over $150, skip the host code but you’ll still get all my rewards, PLUS Stampin Rewards from Stampin Up! Questions? just email me at BrendaQstamps@gmail.com
Purchase a Copy
Join and share with me on my Facebook Group:
Bee Stamping with Qbee