Christmas gift tags are HOT this year. I wanted to find a way to display and give my gift tags and so I came up with this Christmas Tag Wallet. Stampin’ Up has so many great tag sets available right now. Just choose the tag set you like and create multiples to give away in this cute little project. To make your own Christmas Tag Wallet, please see the video tutorial and written instructions below.
Stamp Set: Tags til Christmas, Delightful Decorations, Jolly Bingo Bits, To & From Tag; Baroque Border Wheel; Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Early Espresso, Real Red, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist, Whisper White; Ink: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Early Espresso, Real Red, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist; Real Red 5/8” Grosgrain; 1/8” Taffeta (Basic Black, Early Espresso, Real Red, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist); Punches: Decorative Label, Ornament, 1-3/4” Circle, X-Large Tag, Large Tag; Other: Wheel Handle, Ink Cartridge, Crop-a-dile, Sticky Strip
The photo above shows the front and back side of each tag. The To & From Tag single stamp makes an excellent reverse side for the Jolly Bingo Bits and the Santa Suit from Tags til Christmas stamp set. The 1/8” Taffeta is not only pretty and comes in many different colors, but threads through the tag holes easily. The tag wallet holds 2-3 tags per pocket.
1. Start with a piece of 10-¾” x 6” Card Stock.
2. On the short side, score at: ¾” and 5-¼”. (Scor-pal users: shift to ¼” and score at 1” and 5-½”).
3. On the long side, score at ½”, 3-½”, 4”, 7”, 7-½”, 10-½”.
4. Fold along all the score lines.
5. With the long side towards you, find the 4 small rectangles along this edge and place ½” pieces of sticky strip on them. Turn your project 180 degrees and do the same for the other long side. Remove the sticky strip liner from one of the long sides and fold inwards. Do the same for the other side. When you are finished you will have 6 pockets (3 top and 3 bottom).
1. Start with a piece of 8” x 2”.
2. On the long side score at: 3-1/16”, 3-5/8”, 6-11/16”, 7-¼”.
- Scor-pal users:
shift to 15/16”, score at 4”
shift to 3/8”, score at 4”
shift to 5/16”, score at 7”
shift to ¾”, score at 8”
3. Fold piece on all score lines. Use sticky strip to adhere belly band together.
4. Decorate Bellyband as desired.
Thanks for visiting!!