This is a birthday card for a dear friend. I wanted the card to look Victorian, so I chose details like the lace, pearls, roses and a faux cameo to capture the look. The roses pull out of the scalloped pot, which is made out of the large scallop circle die. The cameo comes from the head of the girl from Easter Blossoms. You can see more details about this card in my tutorial below. Supplies are listed at the very end.
1. Cut a large scallop circle with your big shot and the scallop circle die. Score from the dip of one scallop to the dip of another scallop, 6 scallops over. Now do the same counting 7 scallops over on both sides of the 6 scallop score. Now score the remaining 10 scallops.
2. Run this piece through the big shot with the Manhattan embossing folder. Place sticky strip on all four of the scored areas. The 6-hump area will become the bottom of the flowerpot and is folded under along with the sides. The 10-hump area is folded forward and becomes the top edge of the flowerpot.
3. Adhere the bottom of the flowerpot to the card first and then the sides. To do this remove the sticky strip liner and tuck the bottom under the flowerpot. Do the same for the sides. The top of the flowerpot folds down and adheres to the front of the pot. Note: If you want to embellish the pot, it is easier to do it before adhering it to the card base.
4. To create a pot-shaped pull tab, create a template by cutting a large scallop oval out of scrap card stock. Instead of scoring the scallops like you did in step one, cut off the scallops for the bottom and sides (you can leave the top scallops alone).
6. Place the tab you cut in step 5 into the flowerpot that you finished in step 3. Adhere the roses to the top of this piece while the tab is still in the flowerpot. This will give you accurate placement. Next cut around the tops of the roses to remove the excess card stock.
7. To create the cameo, stamp the girl from the Easter Blossoms stamp set in Versamark on Blushing Bride Card Stock and emboss with White Embossing Powder. Punch out the girl’s head with the 1” circle punch. Take this piece and cover it with Versamark and emboss with clear embossing powder. Keep repeating the cycle of Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder and Heat Embossing until you have a nice glaze over the circle (approx. 3 or 4 times).
Supplies: Stamp Sets: Fifth Avenue Floral, Easter Blossoms, Sincere Salutations; Card Stock: Elegant Soiree, Shimmery White, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake; Ink: Versamark, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake; Sponge Daubers; Reinkers: Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Regal Rose; Aquapainter; Big Shot; Scallop Circle Die, Embossing Folders: Manhattan Flower, Framed Tulips; Heat Tool; Embossing Powder: White, Clear; Vanilla HodgePodge Circle Holder; Pretty in Pink 1/8” Taffeta; Victoria Crochet Trim; 1” Circle Punch; Basic Pearl Jewels.
Thanks for visiting!!
If you have a question, please leave me a comment and I will update my blog with an answer.