This week my dear friend landed in the hospital. I wanted to make a card for her that included flowers to brighten her room. I didn’t want to bring her real flowers, because I was worried that the strong scent would make her already weak stomach feel even worse. The inside of the card uses a parallel open box pop-up mechanism. The outside of the card has a window that allows the recipient to peek at the flowers before opening. This card opens differently than a standard card, with the open end facing up.
Notes: This card is a 5-½” Square when closed. If you choose to make it in a smaller size, you will need to be more careful with how long you make the stems, so that the flowers don’t stick out when the card is closed.
6. Cut a 3-1/8” square window sheet piece. Adhere the window sheet to the back of the Soft Suede Window. There should be sufficient adhesive leftover from adhering the cross bars to hold the window sheet in place. Put adhesive along all four sides of the back of the completed Soft Suede Window. Adhere to the front of the card over top of the window on the card base.
18. Remove the adhesive liner and adhere the flower stems to the inside of the box. Adhere four stems on the side next to the window and three on the opposite side. Note: The flower stems are all the same length now, but will be trimmed in a subsequent step.
19. Prepare the flower heads. I used mono multi adhesive to glue the pieces together. Note: the extra punched shapes on the far right are to cover the stems on the back of the flower once you have the flower attached to the card.
two 1-3/8” x 5/8” Ovals, ten Itty Bitty Shape 4-petal flowers
two 5-Flower Petals, one Boho Blossoms Scallop
four tear-drop shaped petals from Blossom Petals
20. Test out how you want your flower heads placed with a little temporary adhesive first. Especially make sure that the two flowers that are most visible through the window are placed with a good view.
21. Once you are satisfied with the placement of the flower head, adhere it with double-sided adhesive and trim the stem below the level of the top of the flower. Cover the back of the flower with an extra punched shape to hide the stem. Repeat this step for the rest of the flower heads.
Supplies: Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sincere Salutations, Woodgrain; Paper: Pear Pizzazz , Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Poppy Parade, Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry, Concord Crush, Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz DSP, Window Sheet; Ink: Early Espresso, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Poppy Parade, Regal Rose; Punches: Boho Blossoms, 5-Petal Flower, Blossom Petals, Itty Bitty Shapes Pack, 1-3/8” x 5/8” Oval, Modern Label, Word Window; Jumbo Wheel Handle; Ink Cartridge; 1- ¼” Striped Early Espresso Grosgrain; Poppy Parade Poly Ribbon.
Thanks for visiting. I love reading your comments!!!!