When I saw Holly McMillen’s cute cat on Splitcoaststampers, I just knew I would have to make one for my friend who is in recovering from surgery. My friend is mom to a black cat, so it’s absolutely perfect. Holly made her cat with cat treats inside the body and head. Mine is for a two-legs who can’t eat chocolate, so it has gummy bears inside (I managed to fold a bag of Haribo Gummy Bears to fit inside the body). I left the head empty and I think it looks fine this way. To see Holly’s original cat, check HERE.
Then because I just couldn’t help myself, I had to keep going and make another critter. I had extra black sacs, so I decided to make a black lab. I hope you him. I think this sac idea is very versatile and I’ll probably create more critters in the future. Thanks Holly for your inspiration!
Body for cat and dog
1. Punch a 2-3/8 Scallop Circle from Basic Black card stock. Score two lines on the simply scored two scallops apart.
2. Cut four ½” slits along the score lines.
3. Put mono glue on one of the wedges with two scallops.
4. Pull the adjacent sides over to the glue. Repeat for the other side.
5. This is what the snout looks like with both sides glued.
6. Fold the Scallops under
7. Place double-sided adhesive on the scallops.
8. Add the brad nose and whiskers before adhering to the body.
Stampin’ Up Supplies: Card Stock: Basic Black, Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake; Window Sheets; Punches: Stocking Builder, Owl Builder, Blossom Petals Builder, Scallop Edge Border, Boho Blosoms, 2-3/8” Scallop Circle; Big Shot; Perfect Pennants Die, Labels Collection Framelits (avail. Jan 4 2012), 1/8” Real Red Taffeta; 5/16” Brads; White Gel Pen, Mono Adhesive
Other Supplies: Black Paper Sacs 3-½” x 2” x 6-¾”, Hershey’s Kisses, Haribo Gummy Bears, ¼” Silver Jingle Bells
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!