Here is the second project that I designed for the January Creative Crew challenges. For this challenge we were to choose a NEW stamp set. I chose the Send Me Soaring stamp set, which I received with my December preorder. We were to use ONLY stamps from this one set and use it to create a NON-TRADITIONAL card. This set was ideal for this challenge, because it had both words and images. For the non-traditional card I decided to make this card KITE-shaped. If you would like to make your own kite-shaped card, please see my tutorial below.
Kite Card Tutorial
1. Start with a piece of card stock 10” x 4”. On the long side, score at 5”.
2. On BOTH long sides, make a mark on the edge at 3” and 7”.
3. On BOTH short sides, make a mark on the edge at 2”.
4. Score from the 3” mark on one long side to the 7” mark on the other side. This will be a diagonal score, which runs across the 5” score line. Hint: I darkened the groove of my 6” score line with a permanent black fine tip Sharpie marker. This line makes it easier to align points for diagonal scoring.
5. Score from the opposite 3” mark to the other 7” mark. You should now have score lines in the shape of an ‘X’ that cross the 5” score line in the center.
6. Using a cutter or scissors, cut off the four corners of the card stock from the 3” marks on the long sides to the 2” marks on the short sides.
7. Fold the card in half on the 5” score line.
8. Tuck in the corner of the card along the score lines.
9. Tuck in the other corner.
10. Decorate card as desired.
Supplies: Stamps: Send Me Soaring; Paper: Twitterpated DSP; Card Stock: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White; Ink: Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Versamark; Punches: 1-3/4” Scallop Circle, 1-3/8” Circle, 1-1/4” Circle, Scallop Oval, Large Oval, ½” Circle; Ribbon: ¼” Daffodil Delight Grosgrain, 1/8” Daffodil Delight Taffeta; Embossing Powder: White, Melon Mambo; Embossing Buddy; Heat Tool; Simply Scored.
To order Stampin’ Up! supplies anytime, click HERE.
Thanks for visiting. I love reading your comments.
Leave a Reply