I created this box for the Creative Crew materials challenge. I chose to work with window sheets. Stampin’ Up! makes great window sheets. They are thicker than transparencies and therefore make sturdy box tops. This box is a longer version of my Clear Top Candy Box. The insert keeps different colored eggs in separate compartments to give it a more upscale feel. This would be a cheerful gift to give at Easter time and with its polished look, everyone will think you bought it at a high-end candy store.
If you would like to make your own Clear Top Easter Box, please see my tutorial below.
Long Clear Top Candy Box Tutorial
Step One: Box Bottom
1. Start with a piece of 8” x 4” cardstock. On the long side, score at the 1” and 7” mark.
2. On the short side, score at 1” and 3”.
3. Cut along the score lines to create tabs.. Place a piece of double sided adhesive on each tab.
4. Flip over. Fold piece inwards along all the score lines.
5. Remove adhesive liner and bring sides together to form box.
Step Six: Insert Piece
6. Start with a piece of card stock 9-½” x 1-15/16”. On the long side score at: 2”, 2-7/8”, 3-¾”, 5-¾”, 6-5/8” and 7-½”.
7. Place double-sided adhesive on piece as shown.
8. Fold along score lines as shown.
9. Remove the two straight pieces of adhesive liner. Adhere together.
10. Remove the remaining adhesive liner. Place the insert piece inside box.
Step Eleven: Clear Lid
11. Start with a piece of 7-15/16” x 3-15/16” piece of window sheet. Score in 1” on all four sides.
12. Cut off all four corners along the score lines.
13. Fold piece along all score lines.
14. Place candy in the box base. Nest the clear lid with its sides tucked into the inside of the box.
15. Tie box with an 11” length of pretty ribbon. Note: The box will stay closed without the ribbon.
16. Decorate the rest of the box as desired.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies: Stamp Sets: Everybunny; Paper: Flirtatious, Watercolor; Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade; Ink: Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder; Aquapainter; Black Embossing Powder; Heat Tool; Punches: Large Oval, Scallop Oval; Wisteria Wonder 3/8” Ruffled Ribbon. Other Supplies: Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Eggs
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!