I made this project for the Creative Crew honor your father challenge. I came up with the idea for this card, when I was trying to make a card where a frog would jump out at you. My design turned out better than I expected. I was able to find out a way for three frogs to pop-up and bounce, plus create a cool pop-up flower with the Blossom Punch. The turtle is on a separate angle fold pop-up, an easy pop-up that I’ve done many times before.
This card would make a fun birthday card or kid card. If you swap out of the frogs with butterflies or bees you could get a completely different look. If you would like to learn how to make your own “Fun at the Pond” pop-up card, just follow my step-by-step tutorial below.
Blossom Punch Pop-up Card Tutorial
1. Start with a piece of Pacific Point designer series paper 8-½” x 5-½”. On the long side, score at 4-¼”.
2. Fold the paper in half along the score line. Place the Diagonal Plate on your Simply Scored. Place the paper with the score line along the top edge of the Simply Scored. Score a diagonal line starting at the 4- ½” mark.
3. Open the card base and fold the triangle inwards along the score lines.
4. Punch 3 blossoms out of Daffodil Delight designer series paper and the Blossom Punch.
5. Score one of the blossoms in half starting from between the petals to in between the petals on the other side. Find a petal next to the score line you just made. Score from the middle of that petal on the one side to the middle of the petal on the opposite side. You will cross over the first score line you made. Next find the remaining petals that are beside the first score line you made. Score from the middle of the petal to the middle of the petal on the other side. Repeat for the other two blossoms.
6. Fold the score lines so that the middle score line comes forward (like a mountain) and the other score lines retreat (like a valley).
7. Glue the blossoms together.
8. Here is what your finished blossom should look like when the three blossoms are glued together.
9. Cut 3 ovals out of Old Olive Designer Series Paper and the largest two ovals from the oval die and the oval from the scallop oval frame die. Cut an indent in each of the ovals with scissors. Use an Always Artichoke Marker to darken the edges of each oval.
10. Decide how you will layout your lily pads. On the largest lily pad, mark the lily pad on both edges where the lily pad crosses the score line.
11. Score the lily pad from mark to mark.
12. Adhere the lily pads to the inside of the card base. Make sure you line up the score line of the largest lily pad with the score line running down the middle of the card. Emboss or stamp a greeting on the inside of the card, if desired.
13. Adhere the blossom to the center of the card.
14. Cut three 3/8” x 3-½” strips of window sheet. Adhere one end of the window sheet strips to the blossom using a small piece of sticky strip making sure to align the strips so they hover over the lily pads.
15. Stamp, color and cut out three frogs, one turtle and one snail. I embossed all the critters with Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder on Watercolor Paper. Then I watercolored them with reinkers and an aquapainter.
16. Adhere the frogs on the window sheet strips. You can place the frogs anywhere along the strip. Cut off the excess window sheet.
17. Adhere the turtle to the triangle pop-up piece at the top of the card. Test the placement of the turtle with temporary adhesive first to make sure that the turtle doesn’t show on the outside of the card when closed and that the card closes with ease. Adhere the snail to any flat surface of the card.
18. Decorate the front of the card as desired.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies: Stamp Sets: Turtle & Co. (122870 WM, 122872 CM), Best Dad Ever (120399 WM, 120681 CM); Card Stock: Pacific Point (111350); Paper: Watercolor (122959), Brights Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (117155); Ink: Versamark (102283), Always Artichoke (105219), Tangerine Tango (111834), Daffodil Delight (119667), Certainly Celery (105217); Window Sheets (114323); Big Shot (113439); Ovals Die (114525); Frame, Oval Scallop Die (114521); Simply Scored (122334); Diagonal Plate (125586); Punches: Blossom (125603), Boho Blossoms (119858); Heat Tool (100005); Embossing Powder: White (109132), Wild Wasabi (123224); Rhinestone Jewels (119246).
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!
Leave a Reply