I made this project for the Creative Crew mini scrapbook album with retiring In-colors challenge. My mini scrapbook album was inspired by Debbie Weller’s terrific triangle card. Thanks so much Debbie this is the second time I have made this project, this time with my own twist.
The theme for my mini scrapbook album is “Friends Fur-ever”. I chose several of my neighbors furry friends to star in this album. These canines and felines have become my pet therapy, since we still haven’t added a new fur baby to our family after the death of our dear Bella last year.
If you would like to make your own mini scrapbook album or card using the scallop square, just follow my tutorial below.
Scallop Square Mini Scrapbook Album
Step One Scrapbook Base
1. Cut four scallop squares with the Scallop Square Die and designer series paper.
2. Place the diagonal plate on your simply scored. Score each piece in half on the diagonal. Turn one quarter turn and score in half on the diagonal again. You should now have an ‘X’ scored on your scallop square.
3. Line up the middle scallop on both sides of the square on the 6” score line of the Simply Scored. Score just until you reach the intersection of the ‘X’ score lines. Note: it helps to darken the 6” score line of your Simply Score with a Sharpie to make lining up the two sides easier.
4. Orient your scallop square so that the scored X points NW, NE, SE & SW and the straight score line is towards you. Cut the NW diagonal score line just until you reach the intersection of the ‘X’ score lines.
Step Five: Upper Inside Layer
5. Start with two 4” x 4” pieces of Whisper White. Put the diagonal plate on your Simply Scored. Score in half on the diagonal.
6. On the diagonal opposite of the one that you just scored, cut both squares in half. You should now have 4 identical triangles with a score line down the middle.
7. Stamp images on the triangle keeping the longest edge to the bottom. Sponge the edges and white area with ink.
8. Adhere the whisper white triangle to the scallop squares as shown, making sure that the cut line appears under the left side of the triangle.
Step Nine: Lower Inside Layer
9. Cut a 4” x 4” square out of window sheet. Draw two sharpie lines from corner to corner. Put a squiggle in 3 of the 4 triangles.
10. Take your photo and make sure it fits into one of the triangles. Trace the square onto your printed photo. Cut out the square with your straight edge cutter.
11. Score the photo in half on the 2” score line.
12. Place the diagonal plate on your Simply Scored. Score the photo in half on the diagonal. Turn a quarter turn, and score on the diagonal again.
13. Cut along the diagonal lines so only the photo triangle remains.
14. Adhere the photo to the scallop square, making sure to line up the center score lines. Place double-sided adhesive on the remaining triangle.
15. Remove the adhesive liner and bring the scallop square together to form a triangle.
16. Here is what all four scallop squares look like completed and ready to adhere into the mini scrapbook.
17. Put sticky strip liner on the outside of one of the triangles.
18. Remove the sticky strip liner and adhere the two sides together.
19. Adhere all four triangles together leaving one end open.
Step Twenty: Finishing
20. Adhere a small loop of ribbon with double-sided adhesive. Create two cover pieces for your mini scrapbook by cutting a Scallop Square die piece into four quarters on the diagonals. You will only use two of the four pieces for this project. Adhere the cover pieces to the ends of the mini scrapbook.
21. Punch two holes with a Crop-a-dile on the ends. Feed a length of ribbon through the holes.
22. The mini scrapbook can be tied open.
23. OR the mini scrapbook can be tied closed.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Friends Fur-ever (117008 WM, 120504 CM), C is for Cat (115764 WM), D is for Dog (115784 WM), Sweet Shoppe Alphabet Lower (120272 WM, 120648 CM); Card Stock: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White; Paper: 2010-2012 In-Color Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (117158); Ink: Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Blushing Bride, Rose Red; Big Shot (113439); Scallop Square Die (115950); Simply Scored (122334); Diagonal Plate (125586); Small Heart Punch (117193); 1/8” Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon (119256); Double-sided Adhesive.
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!
Leave a Reply