The inspiration for this purse came from my friend R.V. who challenged me to design a vintage purse. The vintage purse suggestion came right at the time when the Floral Frames Framelits were introduced and I was determined to work them into the design. I had the hardest time trying to come up with an idea for the sides of this purse, but after many trials, I came up with an accordion fold. The accordion fold allows for the purse to be opened up to box size, but also folded closed to create a pleasing triangular shape. I also added the option for a gift card pocket, brightly colored so that the recipient won’t miss it. The outside of the purse measures 5-1/4″ W x 3-1/2″ H x 1-3/4″ D. If you would like to make your own vintage purse, just follow my tutorial below.
Floral Frames Vintage Purse Tutorial
1. Cut two of the largest floral frames in Chocolate Chip Cardstock with your Big Shot.
2. Using the Simply Scored, score from the indent of one of the petals to the indent of a petal three over. Do this for both Floral Frame pieces. Note: To make lining up the indents easier I darken the 6” score groove with a black Sharpie.
3. Fold the Floral Frames pieces along the score lines. Place two pieces of sticky strip on the three-petal portion.
4. Cut a 4” x 1-¾” piece of Chocolate Chip Card Stock. Adhere the Floral Frames to this piece lining up the score line with the edge of the rectangle. The floral frames pieces will overlap.
5. Cut two of the second largest Floral Frames in International Bazaar DSP with your Big Shot.
6. Using your straight edge cutter, cut from the tip of one of the petals to the tip of a petal three over. Do this for both pieces
7. Adhere one of the International Bazaar pieces to the front of the purse as shown. Note: The paper does not wrap to the bottom of the purse. Using a ½” circle punch, cut a circle 3/8” down from the top petal of the purse.
8. Cut a 1-5/8” x 1-5/8” piece of Chocolate Chip Card Stock. Using your Big Shot, cut out one petal from the largest floral frames framelit out of this piece. This piece will be used to hide the back of the antique brad at the back of the purse.
9. Use the Paper Piercer to pierce the back of the purse 3/8” down from the top petal of the purse.
10. Insert an Antique Brad into the hole with the brad front facing the front of the purse and the ends sticking out the back.
11. Adhere the petal piece from step 8 to the back of the purse to conceal the brad ends.
12. Adhere the remaining International Bazaar piece to the back of the purse.
13. Cut two 3” x 2” pieces of Pacific Point Card Stock. On the long side of both pieces, score at 3/8”, ¾”, 1-1/8”, 1-½”, 1-7/8”, 2-1/4”, 2-5/8”.
14. Using the small punch on a Crop-a-dile or a 1/8” circle punch, cut a hole along the center score line 3/8” in from the top. Also put sticky strip on both ends of the card stock pieces.
15. Fold along the score lines as shown.
16. Remove the sticky strip liner. Attach the accordion pieces to the purse
17. Feed a 12” piece of ribbon through the holes in the sides of the purse. Knot the ends on the inside to secure in place.
18. Optional Gift Card Pocket: Start with a 4-¼” x 2” piece of Daffodil Delight Card Stock. On long side, score at 3/8” and 3-7/8”.
19. On short side, score at 3/8”.
20. Cut away the two corners where the score lines intersect. Place sticky strip on all three sides.
21. Remove all three pieces of sticky strip liner. Fold over the bottom first. Then fold in the sides. The sides should stick to the bottom piece.
22. Adhere the gift card pocket to the inside the purse.
23. Decorate the rest of the purse as desired.
Stampin’ Up Supplies: Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set (W 123757, C 123759); International Bazaar Designer Series Paper (126920); Card Stock: Chocolate Chip (102128), Pacific Point ((111350), Daffodil Delight (119683); Chocolate Chip Ink (126979); Simply Scored (122334); Big Shot (113439); Floral Frames Framelits (127012); Apothecary Accents Framelits (127003); Houndstooth Embossing Folder (123134), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (119976); ½” Circle Punch (119869); Modern Label Punch (119849); Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309); Antique Brads (117273); Pearl Jewels (119247); Pacific Point ¼” Stitched Grosgrain (126878); Heat Tool (129053); Clear Embossing Powder (109130).
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!