We made this card at my club workshops in November. The tea bag folded Christmas tree makes a pretty and dimensional focal point. The Festival of Prints designer series paper stack provided the inspiration for the colors and gave the tree its unique patterns. If you would like to make your own tree just follow my step-by-step tutorial below.
Tea Bag Folded Christmas Tree Tutorial
1. Start with three squares of Festival of Prints Squares: 2-¼“, 2-1/8” and 2”. Follow steps 1-13 from the tea bag folded ornament tutorial.
14. Bring one of the points to the top.
15. Insert a pencil into the center of the point.
16. Remove the pencil while flattening the point.
p>17. Flip the triangle over.
18. Bring the middle point to the top.
19. Insert a pencil into the center of the point.
20. Remove the pencil while flattening the point.
21. Repeat the steps for the remaining two squares. Here is what the folded squares will look like when they’re done.
22. Take the largest piece and put multipurpose glue along the inside. Seal the piece shut.
23. Take the middle piece and put multipurpose glue along the inside.
24. Take the largest piece and put it into the top pocket of the middle piece.
25. Take the smallest piece and put multipurpose glue along the inside. Take the joined pieces and put it into the top pocket of the smallest piece.
26. This is what the three pieces will look like once they are joined.
27. To make the tree trunk, start with a one inch square piece of Festival of Prints DSP.
28. Fold the piece in half.
29. With the folded side towards you, snip off the edges on an angle as shown.
30. Put multipurpose glue on the inside of the trunk piece.
31. Adhere to the bottom point of the tree.
32. Decorate the rest of the card as desired.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!