Today we celebrated my friend’s milestone birthday with a surprise birthday party. I had to come up with something extra special as a favor for her party, something that she had never seen before. You might recognize the bottom of the cupcake from my Hershey’s Easter basket (Yes, I cased myself. LOL). Then I added another piece of card stock for the icing and finally a Hershey’s kiss on top as a cupcake topper. I also added a little tag with the greeting “Happy Birthday Cupcake” from the Sale-a-bration 2013 Patterned Occasions Stamp set (available to earn until March 22nd, 2013). If you would like to make your own Hershey’s cupcakes, just follow my step-by-step instructions below.
Hershey’s Cupcake Tutorial
1. Start with a piece of 9” x 2” Chocolate Chip Card Stock. On the long side, score at 5/8”, 1-¾”, 3-¾” and 7”.
2. On the short side, score at the 1” mark.
3. Squeeze some multipurpose liquid glue lengthwise along the strip.
4. Fold the strip in half lengthwise and use your bone folder to burnish the strip.
5. Fold the strip along the score lines. Squeeze some multipurpose liquid glue onto the tab end.
6. Bring the ends of the piece together to form a cupcake-shaped trapezoid. Make sure you hold the tab down for a few seconds so that the glue can seal the card stock fibers together. Set aside.
7. Cut a piece of 7-¼” x 1” strip of Pretty in Pink card stock. Score at 3- ¼” and 6-¾”.
8. Fold the strip along the score lines and squeeze some multipurpose liquid glue onto the tab end.
9. Bring the ends of the piece together to form the cupcake icing.
10. squeeze some multipurpose liquid glue onto the flat bottom of the cupcake icing.
11. Attach the icing to the cupcake. Make sure you hold the edges together for a few seconds so that the glue can seal the card stock fibers together.
12. For the insert pieces, cut an 11” x 1” and a 7” x 1” strip of Chocolate Chip card stock.
13. Score the 11” strip at all the inch marks (1”, 2”, 3” etc.).
14. Score the 7” strip at all the inch marks (1”, 2”, 3” etc.).
15. Fold the 11” piece into triangles as shown.
16. Insert the 11” strip into the top of the basket.
17. Fold the 7” piece into triangles as shown.
18. Insert the 7” strip into the bottom of the basket.
19. Pop the kisses into the triangular spaces.
20. Put a dimensional on the bottom of a colored Hershey’s Kiss and adhere to the top of the cupcake
21. This is what the cupcake looks like when it’s finished.
Time Saver Steps
Stampin’ Up Supplies:
Shop Stampin’ Up! online anytime, just click HERE.
Thanks for visiting!! I love reading your comments!!
Leave a Reply