We made this beautiful envelope punch board gift card holder during my pop-up gift card holders class. I want to pass along a BIG thank you to the amazing Jackie Topa (the punch art queen) for allowing me to post a step-by-step tutorial based on her video. If you would like to see how to make this holder in action, check out her samples and video HERE! If you would like to see a step-by-step tutorial see below. All supplies used to make my version of the gift card holder are available for purchase at the end of this tutorial.
Envelope Punch Board Gift Card Holder Tutorial
1. Start with an 11” x 4-¼” piece of Pool Party card stock. On the long side, score at 2”, 7-¼” and 7-3/8”. Note: I don’t have a marker at the 7-3/8″ mark in the photo because the markers will not fit if they are only 1/8″ apart.
2. Fold inward along the score lines.
3a. On the longer flap, punch on the envelope punch board at the 1” mark.
3b. Flip the card stock over to the other side and punch at the 1” mark again.
4a. Put adhesive along the back of a 6” x 1” piece of Winter Frost DSP. Adhere the paper across the bottom flap of the gift card holder.
4b. Wrap the paper all the way around to the back.
5. For the insert, start with a 6-½” x 3-¾” piece of Whisper White card stock. On the long side, score at the 1-¾” and 6” marks.
6. Fold the big flap forwards and the little tab backwards.
7. Stamp this piece as desired. I stamped a snowflake from the Festive Flurry stamp set in Pool Party ink and “Merry Christmas” from the Sassy Salutations stamp set in Island Indigo. Also UNFOLD the small tab and place sticky strip along it.
8. Tuck the Whisper White piece all the way into the pocket of the card.
9. Remove the sticky strip liner. Close the card completely and make sure it is aligned properly before burnishing the area where the sticky strip will adhere. Jackie does an excellent job demonstrating this step in her youtube video (minute 3:50)
10. Open the card. The white insert should pull out as the card front is lifted.
11. Decorate the front of the card desired. I stamped a snowflake from the Festive Flurry stamp set in Island Indigo ink and cut it out with the matching framelit. I then layered up the snowflake with a Deco label piece in Island Indigo and Silver Foil. I also tied the bottom with an 18″ length of silver ribbon.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
- Stamp Sets: Festive Flurry ( Cling, Wood); Sassy Salutations ( Cling, Wood)
- Card Stock: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Silver Foil Sheets, Whisper White, Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Island Indigo, Pool Party
- Tools: Simply Scored, Envelope Punch Board, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Festive Flurry Framelits Dies, Deco Labels Collection Framelits Dies,
- Embellishments: Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Silver 1/8″ Ribbon
- Adhesive: Sticky Strip, Stampin’ Dimensionals