The Hershey’s Heart was the second Hershey’s tutorial that I designed. At the time I was still learning how to make them and I wanted to come back with an improved version. Three changes that you will note are: you can use 8-½” x 11” card stock, the card stock is no longer doubled over and the kisses fit tighter. I recommend using Stampin’ Up Card Stock (for stability) and Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue (for longevity) for my Hershey’s tutorials (supplies available for purchase below).
I hope you like my updated tutorial and that you will be able to use it to spread some love this Valentine’s Day!
Hershey’s Heart Tutorial Revised
1. Start with a 11” x 1” piece of card stock. On the 11” side, score at the ¼”, 5-½” and 10-¾” marks
2. Draw a pencil line at the 1-3/8”, 4-½”, 6-½” and 9-5/8” marks.
3. At the 1-3/8” and 9-5/8” marks, cut slots half the width of the strip, by cutting on either side of the pencil mark and then nipping of the little strip that remains. Note: The slots should be approximately 1/16″ wide. One slot goes up and the other slot goes down.
4. Fold the strip along the THREE score lines as shown.
5. Use your bone folder to slightly curl the strip.
6. This is what the strip looks like when it has been curled.
7. Put some Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the left tab end.
8. Bend the left side of the heart towards the right side, adhering the tab to the right side. The score line should line up with the pencil mark.
9. Put adhesive on the other tab end.
10. Bend the left side of the heart towards the right side, making sure to interlock the slots. Adhere the tab to the right side. The score line should line up with the pencil mark.
11. For the insert pieces, start with a 5” x 3” piece of card stock. On the 5” side, score at the 1”, 2”, 3” and 4” marks.
12. On the 3” side cut into 1” strips.
13. Fold ALL THREE strips as shown.
14. Place the three strips into the heart in the open spaces.
15. Place six Hershey’s kisses in the spaces.
16. To finish the heart I stamped “Be Mine” in Strawberry Slush ink and punched with the7/8” scallop punch. Also, cut two arrows from the Label Card Thinlits. Fold the arrows in half and tuck into the heart on both sides.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
click on the product for price and details