This week’s Friday Finds is not so much about inspiration as it is about playing with a new tool: The Curvy Keepsake Framelits. This little die is worth every penny. It takes just minutes to put together and it already looks fabulous. Yesterday as I was playing, I came up with the idea to turn it into a shadowbox, with the adorable little wren from “An Open Heart” stamp set. Wouldn’t this make a sweet hostess gift for your fall gatherings?
Learn how to make this Curvy Keepsake Shadowbox below. All the supplies you’ll need for this project are listed at the end of this tutorial (or click HERE) AND don’t forget you can earn some of my other tutorials for free with a minimum $15 order (check out my “FREE with purchase” tutorial selection HERE).
Curvy Keepsake Shadowbox Tutorial
1. Cut TWO of the Curvy Keepsake Box Framelit pieces in Pear Pizzazz Card Stock.
2. Repeatedly stamp the branch from “A Open Heart” stamp set in Early Espresso ink on one side of both of the Curvy Keepsake Box pieces.
3. Flip over the pieces to the blank side and put Tombow on one of the center squares. Adhere the two center squares together (see step eight for a photo of how the pieces come together).
4. Take a scrap piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock and cut just the portion shown.
5. Cut off the top and bottom excess along the score lines.
6. Stamp the wren from the “An Open Heart” stamp set with Memento Ink on the Very Vanilla piece.
7. Color the wren using the Skin Tone Assortment Blendabilities.
8. Adhere the Very Vanilla piece to the Curvy Keepsake Box as shown.
9. Punch a 1-3/4″ Circle out of Crumb Cake Card Stock.
10. Center the circle on the flap opposite the wren. Trace around the circle with a pencil.
11. Use the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch to punch out a hole where you traced the circle.
12. Adhere the 1-3/4 Circle piece to the bottom of the Curvy Keepsake Box. This piece will create the bottom of the nest.
13. Cut a 1-1/2″ x 6-1/2″ piece of Crumb Cake Card Stock. On the 1-1/2″ side, score at the 3/4″ mark.
14. Fold the Card Stock strip in half along the score lines. Cut into the open end of the strip using the fringe scissors, being careful not to cut all the way through to the fold.
15. Keep moving the fringe scissors along the edge until you have cut the whole strip.
16. Bring the ends of the strip together to form a circle. Use the 1-3/4″ circle as a guide for sizing. It should be approximately the same circumference as the circle.
17. Fasten the circle with the Hand Held Stapler. Note: You might ask yourself, why you would need another stapler, but this ones is truly fabulous. It’s perfect for getting in those tight spaces and staples like butter.
18. Bend back the fringe of the circular piece to make it look nest-like. Place the circle over the 1-3/4″ circle at the bottom of the box. Note: The circle is not adhered. It simply rests inside the shadowbox.
19. Place three wrapped Rolos or other similarly-sized candy inside the nest.
20. To close the box, bring the two handle pieces together. Then bring the slotted flaps over the handles one at a time.
21. Cut a tag in Crumb Cake Card Stock from the Curvy Keepsake Framelit set. Stamp “Thank You” from “An Open Heart” stamp set on the tag. Tie the tag on with Early Espresso Cotton Ribbon. Happy Stamping!!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
click on the product for price and details