Here is a card for my Jewish friends. I wanted to create a punch art menorah for a workshop sample, so I set out to experiment with punches. Well my punch idea didn’t work out, BUT the circle framelits did. So while it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting, I think the card turned out pretty well. I tried to make the menorah as authentic as possible. You’ll have to let me know if I did it justice.
Find out the supplies you’ll need to make this card and where to purchase them HERE!
Circle Framelits Menorah Tutorial
1. Start with an 11″ x 4-1/4″ piece of card stock. On the long side, score at the 5-1/2″ mark. Fold the card stock in half along the score line to create the card base.
2. Make a pencil mark 2-1/8″ in from the side and 1/4″ up from the bottom (see yellow dot).
3. Cut a 3-1/2″ x 1/4″ piece of Gold Foil Paper.
4. Adhere the Gold Foil Strip to the Card Base using the pencil mark as a guide to make sure it is centered and 1/4″ up from the bottom of the card.
5. Cut a 4″ x 4″ piece of Gold Foil Paper. On the back side of the gold foil square, draw a diagonal pencil line from corner to corner.
6. Use the magnetic platform to align 8 circles collection framelits (from the smallest through to the 8th smallest circle), centered on the gold foil paper. Note: Make sure the circles are equal distance apart.
7. After you have run the gold foil through the Big Shot, carefully remove all the circle framelits.
8. Turn the gold foil paper piece over and cut along the diagonal pencil line. Note: you will have enough half circles to make two cards. Set half of the semi-circles aside.
9. Adhere the largest semi-circle to the card slightly lower than the top of the gold foil strip. Note: You will adhere a semi-circle and then skip a semi-circle to create the space between the candle arms.
10. Alternately skip a semi-circle and adhere a semi-circle, until you have all 4 semi-circles adhered.
11. Cut a 1″ wide scrap strip of Shimmery White Card Stock. Cut NINE 1/8″ candle strips off of this main strip.
12. Use Tombow to make 9 narrow lines of glue above each of the candle holders.
13. Adhere the Shimmery White candle strips to the card base.
14. Punch FIVE hearts out of Champagne Glimmer Paper using the Heart Punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.
15. Cut each of the hearts in half to create NINE Flames. Note: You will have an extra flame, which you will not need for this card.
16. Use Tombow to make nine dots of adhesive above the candles. Adhere the flames above the candles.
17. Cut a circle out of a gold foil sheet with the second smallest framelit.
18. Cut the circle in half.
19. Adhere the half circle to the bottom of the menorah.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
click on the product for price and details
This is fantastic, Brenda! Thank you so much for the tutorial. I particularly like how you made the candle flames!