This is an UPDATED version of my original Hershey’s Easter Basket. Below you will find a VIDEO tutorial, a STEP-BY-STEP tutorial, and a PRINTABLE tutorial. These Hershey’s Easter Baskets make excellent Easter Gifts, Favors or Table decorations. All the supplies you’ll need for this project are available for purchase HERE!
Get a FREE tutorial from me when you place a minimum $15* order in My Stampin’ Up Store. See your tutorial choices HERE!
Step One Basket Base
1. Start with a 9” x 1” piece of card stock. On the long side, score at the 5/8”, 1-¾”, 3-¾” and 7” marks.
2. Fold the strip along all the score lines. Put Tombow on the shortest end segment.
3. Bring the strip together to form a trapezoid.
Step Four Filler Strips
4. Start with an 11″ x 1″ piece of Card Stock. On the 11″ side, score at the 1″, 2″, 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″, 7″, 8″, 9″, and 10″ marks.
5. Fold the strip into triangles as shown.
6. Place the strip into the top of the basket.
7. Start with a 7″ x 1″ piece of Card Stock. On the 7″ side, score at the 1″, 2″, 3″, 4″, 5″ and 6″ marks.
8. Fold the strip into triangles as shown.
9. Place the strip into the bottom of the basket.
Step Ten Chocolate
10. Pop eight Hershey’s Kisses into the spaces.
Step Eleven Handle
11. Cut a 10” x ½” piece of card stock and a 10” x ½” piece of coordinating designer series paper.
12. Place Tombow all along the card stock strip.
13. Adhere the two handle strips together. Note: adhering the card stock and paper together will make the handle stronger.
14. Put Tombow on one of the handle ends (on the non-patterned side).
15. Adhere the handle to the side of the basket.
16. Put Tombow on the other end and adhere it to the other side of the basket.
17. This is how the basket will look like after the handle is attached.
Step Eighteen Embellishments
18. Stamp “Happy Easter” in coordinating ink on a piece of 3-1/2” x ½” Whisper White Card Stock.
19. To turn the card stock strip into a banner, make a pencil mark about ¼” away from the edge of the greeting.
20. Line up the strip on the corner of the 1” square punch making sure that the pencil mark is in the corner. Punch both ends.
21. Adhere the banner greeting to the basket with Tombow.
22. Tie a bow with a 10” length of coordinating ribbon.
23. Ta Da!! Your Hershey’s Easter Basket is done!!
Would you like a printable version of this tutorial?
If you’ve ever tried to print out a tutorial from a blog, you’ll know how frustrating it is to have a super long document that wastes a lot of paper and really doesn’t look that great. I have taken the aggravation and work away from you and condensed all the step-by-step photos from this tutorial into 4 pages (6 pages total, including title page and page with supplies and recommendations). I’ve also included time saver steps with this version. The printable version is available for $4.99 below.