ONE package of Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes
TWENTY beautiful All Occasion Note Cards
When my package of Flowerpot designer series paper arrived, I was blown away by the beautiful floral pattern that faced me even before I opened the package. I knew right then and there, I wanted to make a card with that paper. Then I thought, wouldn’t it be even better if I made a whole bunch of cards with this paper.
I turned to the one sheet wonder idea, but to my knowledge it had never been done with note cards (card fronts that measure 3-1/2″ x 5″ in size). Soooo, I decided to create my own pattern. As the pattern evolved I realized that I could get twenty pieces out of the paper, the EXACT number of cards in a package of Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes. What a BRILLIANT coincidence!!
In my above video, I will show you exactly how to cut the designer series paper and create the 5 card designs (four of each). If you are a beginner, then I hope this video will make it easy to stamp a beautiful stack of cards. If you are an advanced stamper, jump down to my diagram and written instructions below. These cards are easy to make and in no time you will have a stack of twenty cards completed.
(see video for more details)
- Start with a 12” x 12” piece of Designer Series Paper. Choose a paper with several colors and a consistent overall pattern. Cut at the 10” mark. You will now have a 2” x 12” piece (set aside) and a 10” x 12” piece.
- Turn the 10” x 12” piece so that the 12” side is at the top of cutter. Cut at the 3-1/2” mark. Then slide the piece over and cut at the 3-1/2” mark again. You will now have ONE 5” x 10” piece (set aside) and TWO 3-1/2” x 10” pieces (set one aside).
- Take one of the 3-1/2” x 10 pieces and place the 10” side at the top of the cutter. Cut at the 5” mark. You will now have TWO 5” x 3-1/2” pieces. Cut both of these pieces on the diagonal. You will now have FOUR diagonal pieces for your cards (see pieces 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d in diagram)
- Take the second 3-1/2” x 10 piece and place the 10” side at the top of the cutter. Cut into FOUR 2-1/2” segments. You will now have FOUR 2-1/2” x 3-1/2” pieces for your cards (see pieces 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d).
- Take the 5” x 10” piece (from step 2) of and place the 10” side at the top of the cutter. Cut into EIGHT 1-1/4” segments. You will now have EIGHT 1-1/4” x 5” pieces for your cards (see pieces 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 4a, 4b, 4c, 4d).
- Take the 2” x 12” piece (from step 1) and place the 12” side at the top of the cutter. Cut into FOUR 3” segments. You will now have FOUR 3” x 2” segments for your cards (see pieces 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d)
Stampin’ Up! Supplies
click on the product for price and details