It’s 6″ x 6″ project week!
I’m giving away a pack of retired 6 x 6 paper with every $50* you spend with me in July 2019
AND I’m going to show you some cool projects to make with your paper.
Find out more about my offer HERE!
Scored Origami Cross
Here is a special little project for my last one of this 6 x 6 series. It’s an origami cross. I found the original idea for an origami cross on youtube, but in order to make it work with our thicker designer series paper (versus origami paper), I had to re-engineer it with new dimensions. In doing so I also made it into a scored-origami hybrid project which I think makes the cross more precise and easier to make. I envision that this would be a great project to teach a church group and then the crosses could be handed out at Easter or other church event. If you would like to learn how I made mine, just watch my VIDEO below AND see the Shopping List HERE!
Spend $50 get a $5 Coupon
For every $50 you spend with Stampin’ Up in July 2019, receive a $5 coupon to use in August 2019. More details below in the Bonus Days Graphic.
- Start with a 6″ x 6″ piece of designer series paper. You will be able to make to make TWO crosses out of a 6″ x 6″ piece square. Cut the 6″ x 6″ piece into TWO 6″ x 1-1/2″ pieces and TWO 5″ x 1-1/2″ pieces. You will have a tiny bit of paper leftover.
- Take one of the 5″ x 1-1/2″ pieces. On the 1-1/2″ side, score at 3/8″ and 1-1/8″ marks. On the 5″ side, score at the 1/4″, 1-3/8″, 3-5/8″ and 4-3/4″ marks.
- Take one of the 6″ x 1-1/2″ pieces. On the 1-1/2″ side, score at 3/8″ and 1-1/8″ marks. On the 6″ side, score at the 3/8″, 1-1/8″, 4-1/8″ and 5-5/8″ marks.
- Fold according to the instructions in my video.
- Stamp a greeting from the Itty Bitty Greetings Stamp Set and punch with the Classic Label Punch. Add to the front of cross. Also add a knotted piece of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trip under the greeting with a Mini Glue Dot.
Stampin’ Up! Shopping List
click on the product for price and details
Purchase a Copy
Leave a Reply