Here is a fun end of the summer project for you. It’s a slice of watermelon that holds one Hershey’s Kiss. This idea was inspired by my demonstrator friend Terry Molineux who took my Hershey’s Kiss tent idea and turned it into a watermelon. Now, I have taken her watermelon idea and added my own twist. If you check out my photos below, you will see that my watermelon has both a front and a back side making it look like a petite slice of watermelon. Isn’t it cute? If you would like to learn how to make it, just watch my video below. Full Shopping List HERE!
- Hershey’s Kiss Tent: Start with a 4″ x 1″ piece of Real Red Card Stock. On the 4″ side, score at the 1″, 2″ and 3″ marks. Fold along all the score lines and then put Tombow on one of the end segments. Adhere together to form a triangle.
- Watermelon Rind: Punch a 1-1/2″ circle out of Call Me Clover Card Stock. Throw away the circle and keep the piece of card stock with the hole in it. Center this hole in a 2″ Circle Punch to crate an “O” shape. Score this piece at the 1″ mark. Fold along the score lines.
- Watermelon Flesh: Punch a 2″ circle out of Real Red Card Stock. Score this piece at the 1″ mark. Fold along the score lines. Glue the rind piece to the flesh piece.
- Watermelon Seeds: Use the Detailed Trio Punch to punch out seeds out of Basic Black Card Stock. Adhere the seeds to the flesh.
- Assembly: Cover 2 sides of the Kiss Tent with Tombow. Adhere the watermelon to the tent. Then slide in one Hershey’s Kiss.
Check out my BOGO Sale August 5-20!!
Stampin’ Up! Shopping List
click on the product for price and details
Purchase a Copy
Leave a Reply