As you may know if you follow my blog, I have a fondness for cute animal images. So I couldn’t resist using one of the hedgehogs from the Hedgehog Happiness Bundle and a kite from the Kite Delight Stamp Set to create this whimsical scene. The layout for this card comes from our CASE-ing Tuesday challenge (details below).
Want to make this card? Find out all my tips and tricks in my VIDEO TUTORIAL and step-by-step instructions below. Check out the complete SUPPLY LIST HERE! Join me Live every Tuesday on my Facebook Page at 10am EST.
Use the Host Code EE7JFKH7 and as a thank you for ordering
*before shipping & tax
**do NOT use host code so that you can qualify for Stampin’ Rewards
My card was CASE’d from page 90 of the 2022 Jan-Jun Mini Catalog. Each week we makeover a card from the current Stampin’ Up catalog and then share it on our Facebook Group. You can join our CASE-ing Tuesday Facebook Group to see more samples and/or share your own card with us. It’s a great way to improve your stamping and challenge yourself to try new styles. I hope you will join us.
- Card Base: Start with an 11″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Soft Sea Foam CS. On the long side, score at the 5-1/2″ mark. Fold the card along the score line.
- Cut two scalloped rectangles (Scalloped Contours Dies), one out of Bashful Blue CS and the other from Basic White CS. Cut 2 sides off of each rectangle.
- Stamp a hedgehog and grass onto the bottom of the Basic White Rectangle. Color the grass, but leave this hedgehog uncolored, because it will be used for positioning and will be covered with a punched hedgehog. Put Tombow on the paws of the hedgehog and adhere a short piece of Baker’s Twine to them.
- Also stamp, color and punch out a separate hedgehog from Very Vanilla CS. Adhere this hedgehog over the other one.
- Adhere the Balmy Blue and Basic White Scalloped pieces to the the card front.
- Stamp, color and cut out a kite and sun from the Kite Delight Stamp Set. Put Dimensionals behind the kite and sun. Attach the kite to the other end of the Baker’s Twine and adhere it to the card front. Adhere the sun on the Balmy Blue piece.
- Also stamp the Happy Birthday greeting and cut just the words “happy” and “birthday” into separate rectangles. Adhere to the card front.
- Embellish with Brushed Brass Butterflies.