Did you know that it is World Water Color Month? I made today’s card to celebrate. I’m by no means an expert when it comes to water coloring, but I loved the way this card turned out. AND if I can watercolor so can you!!!! It’s actually really fun. To watercolor this card I used the Jar of Flowers Stamp Set, Sahara Sand Ink Pad and a Water Painter. The layout for this card is from this week’s CASE-ing Tuesday sketch.
Want to make this card? Find out all my tips and tricks in my VIDEO TUTORIAL and step-by-step instructions below. Check out the complete SUPPLY LIST HERE! Join me Live every Tuesday on my Facebook Page at 10am EST.
Use the Host Code X7V9DFGG and as a thank you for ordering
🍯 Spend $15* and choose one of my paid Tutorials for Free
🍯 Spend at least $50* and get my Host Code Gift
🍯 Spend $50/$100* and earn a Sale-a-bration Reward
🍯 Spend $150* or more and receive Stampin’ Rewards
*before shipping & tax
**do NOT use host code so that you can qualify for Stampin’ Rewards
My card was CASE’d from page 16 of the Annual Catalog. Each week we makeover a card from the current Stampin’ Up catalog and then share it on our Facebook Group. You can join our CASE-ing Tuesday Facebook Group to see more samples and/or share your own card with us. It’s a great way to improve your stamping and challenge yourself to try new styles. I hope you will join us.
- Card Base: Start with an 11″ x 4-1/4″” piece of Thick Basic White CS. On the long side, score at the 5-1/2″ mark. Fold along the score line.
- Frame: Use the largest Fabulous Frames Die to cut a frame out of Orchid Oasis CS. Adhere to the card front.
- Basic White Frame Insert: Use the largest Fabulous Frames Die to an insert to the frame out of Basic White CS.
- Stamping: Stamp the flowers with Sahara Sand Ink near the top of the frame insert. Watercolor the flowers in Polished Pink, Orchid Oasis, Parakeet Party, Garden Green and Daffodil Delight Ink. Adhere this piece inside the frame.
- Also stamp a jar in Pool Party Ink and punch out with the Jar Punch. Stamp the stems in the jar, just below the rim (the bow will cover up the rim portion of the jar). Watercolor the stems with Garden Green Ink. Once dry stamp the water in Pool Party Ink (use the reverse side of the smaller jar stamp).
- Wood Strip: Cut a 3-1/16″ x 3/4″ strip of Crumb Cake CS run this piece through with the Timber Embossing Folder. Adhere to the card front. Then adhere the Jar.
- Banner: Cut a 1″ x 3″ piece of Basic White CS. Punch one end with the Banners Pick a Punch. Stamp a “just for you” in Crumb Cake Ink. Cut the banner shorter. Adhere to the card front.
- Tie a bow with the Crinkled Seam Binding. Color the bow yellow with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. Adhere to the jar with Tear & Tape.
- Embellish with Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels.