The Love Cats Stamp Set is not to be missed if you are a cat lover. It can be used all year long, but it makes especially cute Valentine’s Day cards. The card was so cute that I decided it needed a matching slide & lock box to go with it. You can find instructions to make ths slide & lock box base HERE and I will show you how to make the circular slide & lock piece in today’s video. The layout for this card is from this week’s CASE-ing Tuesday sketch.
Want to make this card? Find out all my tips and tricks in my VIDEO TUTORIAL and step-by-step instructions below. Check out the complete SUPPLY LIST HERE! Join me Live every Tuesday on my Facebook Page at 10am EST.
Use the Host Code AXBV9HFX and as a thank you for ordering
*before shipping & tax
**do NOT use host code so that you can qualify for Stampin’ Rewards
CLICK HERE to add Host Code AXBV9HFX to your order.
My card was CASE’d from page 72 of the 2023 Jan-April Mini Catalog. Each week we makeover a card from the current Stampin’ Up catalog and then share it on our Facebook Group. You can join our CASE-ing Tuesday Facebook Group to see more samples and/or share your own card with us. It’s a great way to improve your stamping and challenge yourself to try new styles. I hope you will join us.
- Card Base: Start with an 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Basic Black CS. On the long side, score at the 4-1/4″ mark. Fold along the score line.
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Basic White CS. Use the Stamparatus to repeatedly stamp the hanging cat in Tuxedo Black Ink until the desired saturation of ink is reached (my cat was stamped 3 times). Cut the cat out with the largest circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies. Color the heart with the Sweet Sorbet Stampin’ Blends.
- Stamp a greeting on Parakeet Party CS with Tuxedo Black Ink. Use one of the square dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies to cut out the greeting. Then shift the Square to re-cut the greeting into a rectangle.
- Stamp and punch several hearts using the 2022-2024 In Colors and the Country Bouquet Bundle.
- Layer all the pieces onto the card front and then glue them down.
- Embellish with some 2022-2024 In-Color Matte Dots.
- Box Base: I used the same Box Base as I used for my Slide & Lock Box for Hershey’s Hearts.
- Slide & Lock Piece: Cut FOUR of the second largest circle (Stylish Shapes Dies). Score two of those circles in half (at the 1-1/4″ mark). You will stamp on one of the flat circles and the other flat circle will be the bottom of the Slide & Lock piece. Follow the instructions in the Love Cats Card Video Above to create the piece.